JAY-Z Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$1 billion|
|Real Name:||Shawn Corey Carter|
|Born:||December 4, 1969|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Spouse:||Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Rapper/Entrepreneur|
Shawn “JAY Z” Carter, is an American rapper, record executive, entrepreneur, businessman, and record producer. He was born and raised in New York City to his mother, Gloria Carter and father, and Adnis Reeves. Jay-Z began his musical career in 1995 with the creation of his record label: “Roc-A-Fella Records.” In 1996, he released his first studio album: “Reasonable Doubt.” This album solidified his standing in the music industry. Currently, Jay-Z has released:
- 13 solo studio albums. Some of his solo albums are The Blueprint (2001), The Black Album (2003), American Gangster (2007), and 4:44 (2017).
- Four collaboration albums.
- One live album.
- Two extended plays.
- One soundtrack album.
- Five compilation albums.
- Nine promotional singles.
- 82 music videos.
- One hundred and fifteen singles including forty-five as a featured artist
Outside of his musical career, Jay-Z is also a successful businessman.
- In 1999, he established the clothing retailer, called “Rocawear” with Damon Dash, but later took over the clothing line in early 2006 following a falling out with Dash.
- In 2003, he established the luxury sports bar chain, “40/40 Club”.
- In 2005, Jay-Z became a financier in “Carol’s Daughter,”; a line of beauty products
- In 2008, he founded the entertainment agency, “Roc Nation.”
- In 2015, he purchased the tech company Aspiro and assumed command of their media streaming service Tidal.
1. Jay-Z has received a total of 22 Grammy Awards, the most by a rapper.
2. In 2017, Jay-Z became the first rapper to be accepted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame,
3. Jay-Z retains the record for the most number-one albums by a solo artist on the Billboard 200, with 14.
4. In 2018, Jay-Z received the commemorating “Salute to Industry Icons” award at the 60th Grammy Awards.
5. Jay-Z has been ranked by Billboard and fellow music magazine, Rolling Stone, as one of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.
6. In June 2019, According to Forbes, Jay-Z formally became the preeminent hip hop billionaire, making him the fifth wealthiest African-American and the most prosperous American musician. However, As of 2020, Kanye West has since become the richest, pushing Jay-Z to the second wealthiest American musician.
Jay-Z Net Worth
As of 2020, Jay-Z’s net worth is 1 billion dollars. He is one of the world’s best-selling music composers, with over 50 million albums and 75 million singles sold worldwide. In March 2007, He sold the rights to the Rocawear brand to Iconix Brand Group for approximately $204 million but still retains his stake in the company and continues to oversee the marketing, licensing, and product development. In September 2013, Jay-Z stake in “Barclays Center” was sold for $1.5 million.
Jay-Z has a lot of businesses and investments that have grown to become multi-million dollar corporations. He is a successful rapper, entrepreneur, and one of the wealthiest musicians in the world.