|Net Worth:||$50 million|
|Nick Name:||Missy Elliott|
|Real Name:||Melissa Arnette Elliott|
|Born:||July 1, 1971|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Professional Rapper/Record producer|
Missy Elliott’s Overviews
Melissa Arnette Elliott is an American rapper, songwriter, record producer, dancer, actress, and philanthropist. She was born at Portsmouth Naval Hospital in Portsmouth, Virginia, to mother; Patricia Elliott and father; Ronnie Elliott.
Missy Elliott started her music career in 1991. She formed an all-female R&B group, called Fayze (later renamed Sista), with 3 of her friends: LaShawn Shellman, Chonita Coleman, and Radiah Scott. She later became a member of the Swing Mob collective along with childhood friend and longtime collaborator Timbaland. After collaborating with several artists and making a good number of guest appearances, she launched her solo career, with her first studio album “Supa Dupa Fly” in 1997. The album ranked number three on the Billboard 200, the highest-charting debut for a female rapper at the time.
Missy Elliott Albums And Songs Highlights
- In 1999, she released her second studio album, “Da Real World.”
- In 2001, Missy Elliott released her third studio album, “Miss E… So Addictive”.
- In 2002, she released her fourth studio album, “Under Construction.”
- In 2003, she released her fifth studio album, “This Is Not a Test,”
- In 2005, she released her sixth studio album, “The Cookbook.”
She has written and produced a lot of hit songs for several artists, some of which are: Free Yourself by Fantasia, I’m His Only Woman by Jennifer Hudson, Everything to Me by Monica, Let It Go by Keyshia Cole. And Need U Bad by Jazmine Sullivan.
Missy Elliott is a very accomplished rapper and record producer who has been active since 1991. She has written, produced, and collaborated with several artists in the music industry to create successful hits. Missy Elliott has sold more than 30 million records in the United States. According to Billboard in 2017, She was the best-selling female rapper in Nielsen Music history.
Missy Elliott Accolades
- She has won 4 Grammy Awards.
- 8 MTV Video Music Awards.
- 2 American Music Awards.
- 6 BET Awards.
- A Billboard Women in Music award for Innovator.
- In 2019, Missy Elliott became the first female rapper inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame. That same year, she received an honorary Doctor of Music degree from Berklee College of Music and the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award.
Missy Elliott’s Net Worth
As of 2020, Missy Elliott’s net worth is estimated to be 50 Million dollars. During her career to date, Missy Elliott has sold millions of albums and several million singles worldwide.