Burna Boy is a Nigerian afro beats singer who gained fame after he released his hit single “Like to Party.”, in 2012 which is from his debut studio album L.I.F.E.
Here are ten interesting truths about Burna Boy:
- Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu, famously known by his stage name Burna Boy
- He was born on born 2 July 1991, in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- Burna Boy moved to the U.K. to continue to study in London.
- He’s grandfather Benson Idonije previously managed the late singer Fela Kuti.
- Burna Boy is in a relationship with a British rapper and singer, Stefflon Don.
- Burna stylist, Ronami Ogulu, is his sister.
- The most popular album by Burna Boy is ‘African Giant.’
- Burna Boy won 2019 B.E.T. Awards for Best International Act, Best African Act at the MTV EMA Awards, and was nominated for Best World Music Album at 62nd Annual Grammy Awards.
- Burna Boy height is 6 feet 1 inch tall.
- Burna Boy’s music is described as Afrobeats, although he named his sound as Afro-fusion.
- As of March 2020, Burna Boy has 5.1 million followers on Instagram.